- Seton Hall University School of Law, JD, 1994
- University of Colorado, Boulder, BA, 1989
Adam is a partner in the Basking Ridge office. He has significant experience representing individuals and entities, private and public, in the defense of tort actions, including automobile negligence, premises liability, Title 59, and civil rights, in the Superior Court of New Jersey and in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. He also has significant experience representing insurers in the defense of first-party actions, including claims for uninsured and underinsured motorist benefits. He also possesses significant appellate experience and has briefed and argued successfully numerous matters in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, the New Jersey Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Adam’s current practice focuses on the defense of automobile negligence actions, including the defense of drivers and vehicle owners in liability actions and the defense of insurers in first-party actions for uninsured and underinsured motorist benefits; and on the defense of general liability actions including defending contractors, premises owners and managers, and other companies and individuals in personal injury, property damage and other tort actions.
Prior to joining Kennedys, Adam worked for more than twenty years in the litigation department of a mid-sized New Jersey firm.
Qualifications and admissions
- New Jersey
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
- US Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- US Supreme Court
Presentations and publications
- Co-author, “Fifth Circuit expands scope of Title VII protection,” published for Kennedys (September 2023)
- Co-author, “Navigating the differences in determining Jones Act and Longshore status for defending claims in maritime litigation,” published for Kennedys (January 2023)
- Underhill v. Borough of Caldwell, et al., 463 J. Super. 548, certif. denied, 244 N.J. 164 (2020)
- Kandrac v. Marrazzo’s Market, et al., 429 J. Super. 79 (App. Div. 2012), certif. denied, 213 N.J. 538 (2013)
- Johnson v. Yurick, 156 Supp. 2d 427 (D.N.J. 2001)
- Michaels v. State of New Jersey, et al., 50 Supp. 2d 353 (D.N.J. 1999)