- Recommended Lawyer for 'Professional negligence (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
- Recommended Lawyer for ‘Professional negligence (London)’
The Legal 500 UK 2017
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2007.
Laura qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2007 and was promoted to Senior Associate in Kennedys’ London office in 2014. Laura has a mixed practice dealing with professional indemnity defence and insurance and reinsurance coverage work, generally in the fields of professional indemnity, directors’ and officers’, financial institutions, patent infringement, and fine art and specie.
Laura often advises on coverage matters involving international jurisdictions, including Italy, Colombia, Venezuela and the Channel Islands, and works closely with Kennedys’ international offices as appropriate.
Laura has completed two secondments, eight months with Munich Re and six months with Allianz Global Corporate & Specie, handling professional indemnity claims.
Significant reported cases include AXA Insurance Company Ltd (formerly known as Winterthur Swiss Insurance Company) v Akther & Darby Solicitors and others .
Laura is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).
- ‘Professional negligence (London)’
“senior associate Laura Hurst is also recommended.”
Legal 500 UK 2017
- Acted for 38 firms and their insurers in the defence of a £70 million claim by after-the-event insurers in relation to the Composite Legal Expenses scheme, including successful Court of Appeal judgment in relation to limitation-barred cases.
- Provided coverage advice (multi-jurisdictional) in relation to various types of policies including professional indemnity, directors’ and officers’, jewellers’ block, public and product liability and patent infringement.
- Provided coverage advice and defence of coverage position in relation to jewellers’ block/specie claims.
- Alternative dispute resolution including mediation and arbitration, both in the UK and internationally.