- Defending insolvency practitioners in a preliminary issue trial against claim arising from c. £80m sale of property in receivership. CNM Estates (Tolworth Tower) Ltd v Vecref I Sarl
- Defending accountants in a 7-week trial against $70m claim arising from the construction of a holiday resort in the Caribbean. Identified by the Lawyer as one of the Top 20 cases of 2016. Harlequin Property (SVG) Ltd v Wilkins Kennedy
- Defending solicitors against £80 million claim arising out of the collapse of a hedge fund.
- Defending construction professionals against £70m claim arising from PFI construction project.
- Acting for Financial Lines insurers in relation to £600m shareholder class action; and in relation to alleged £multi-billion mis-selling of financial products.
Donald is a senior associate based at Kennedys’ London office, having qualified in 2010 as a solicitor in England and Wales. He also works from Kennedys’ Bristol and Taunton offices.
Donald represents the insurers of financial institutions, professionals, directors & officers and trustees, encompassing accountants/auditors, legal and tax advisers, insolvency practitioners, IFAs, off-shore service providers, property and construction professionals, banks, building societies and payment institutions.
He specialises in complex, document-heavy and high-value claims often involving allegations of fraud, including pursuing and defending litigation in the business and property courts, insurance coverage disputes and regulatory matters.
Donald holds a degree in German, and has acted on defence and coverage matters involving German language including a €multi-billion Directors' and officers' liability (D&O) claim.