- Providing advice to certain Bermuda and London-based excess insurers of joint venture participant sued for catastrophic property, environmental, and personal injury damages associated with the failure of the Fundão Tailings Dam in Brazil.
- Served as handling attorney in Bermuda arbitration involving complex reinsurance dispute arising from pre-suit settlement of numerous medical malpractice claims due to performance of unapproved experimental spinal procedure on hundreds of patients.
- Successfully represented insurer in declaratory judgement action involving defense and indemnity of asbestos claims involving underlying exhaustion, missing policies, and periods of insolvency coverage issues and prevailed on appeal.
- Prevailed on summary judgement on behalf of insurer in connection with advertising injury claims arising out of a complex IP coverage dispute involving the insured’s alleged false advertising.
- New Jersey
- US District Court, New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- US Court of Appeals, Third and Fourth Circuits
- Seton Hall University School of Law, JD (cum laude), 1985
- Fairfield University, BA (cum laude), 1981
A Partner in the firm’s Basking Ridge office, Meg serves as US Managing Partner and is a member of Kennedys’ Global Strategy Board. She has extensive insurance coverage and commercial litigation experience, which includes all aspects of disputes involving environmental, toxic tort, products, asbestos, construction, data privacy and security compliance, advertising liability and professional liability claims.
Meg has significant experience in resolving insurance and reinsurance coverage disputes through litigation in state and federal courts throughout the United States and abroad in arbitration.
Her practice includes the counseling and representation of corporate clients, and domestic and international insurers on large claim losses, risk analysis and appellate review. She regularly counsels clients on bad faith exposures and general business matters. Meg also advises insurers on issues arising out of insurance company insolvencies, policyholder bankruptcies, and policy drafting.
While living temporarily in Switzerland, Meg had the opportunity to serve as corporate counsel for a major pharmaceutical company addressing insurance coverage issues and products liability litigation in the United States and Europe. Meg continues to be actively involved in providing seminars to insurers and corporate clients on domestic and international insurance topics and risk management. Meg is a founder of the firm’s Women’s Initiative and serves on the board of Freedom House in Clinton, New Jersey.