Fraud webinar - Malingering
We are delighted to be hosting the next in our continuing monthly fraud webinar series in which we have been following the stages of the fraud process from detection to deterrence.
This month our speakers will be focusing on malingering including:
- Malingering -
- What is it?
- Possible reasons behind it.
- Is it conscious or unconscious?
- Unconscious exaggeration -
- Key considerations in respect of unconscious exaggeration of a claimant’s claim.
- What to look out for.
- How to establish if it is unconscious exaggeration and ways to address it.
- Conscious malingering -
- Key considerations in respect of conscious fabrication or exaggeration of an injury by a claimant.
- How to detect and defend conscious exaggeration.
- Fundamental dishonesty under S.57 Criminal Justice Courts Act 2015 and exceptions to qualified one-way costs shifting.
If you would like to register your interest in this webinar please email our events team.