- Rising Star and recommended lawyer for 'Shipping (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2022
- Recommended lawyer for 'Shipping (London)'
“Shaan Burton continues to outperform her peers and produces some amazing results.”
The Legal 500 UK 2021
- “Very responsive, can get inside the box in terms of strategy.”
The Gracechurch London Market Insurance Law Report 2019
- Rising Star and Recommended Lawyer for 'Shipping (London)'
"Senior associate Shaan Burton is 'incredibly thorough."
The Legal 500 UK 2019/20
- Next Generation Lawyer and Recommended Lawyer for 'Shipping (London)'
"Shaan Burton has a ‘growing reputation’."
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
Shaan is a Legal Director in Kennedys’ London office. She qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2009.
Shaan handles shipping and marine insurance claims. Her practice includes the review and analysis of contracts for major freight forwarders, the defence of cargo damage claims, warehousing disputes, and providing policy coverage advice.
She has considerable experience of advising multinational freight forwarders and handling CMR disputes, as well as general contractual issues and cargo claims. She has a particular focus on the transit of fine art and the theft of general valuable cargo and wilful misconduct issues.
Shaan’s policy coverage practice is extensive and includes not only coverage defences but also extends to advising insurers on suitable policy wordings for particular insureds and sectors.
She handles warehouse disputes, in particular advising on the duty of care when looking after goods, and also claims brought pursuant to UKWA.
Shaan is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).
- Qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales in 2009