- Advised on large and complex claims relating to general and professional liability against several Portuguese banks due to bankruptcy after the Portuguese economic crisis of 2011.
- Advised on professional liabilty claims under the Portuguese Bar Association professional indemnity group policy.
- Advised on claims related to liability in the energy sector, both in litigation and arbitration.
- Advised on public law claims related to planning, compulsory purchases and public liability in relation to the public project ‘Programa Pólis’.
- Advised on claims relating to the construction of buildings and hotels.
- Advised on licensing procedures of hotels and holiday villages.
Luís is a lawyer based in Kennedys’ Lisbon office. He qualified in Portugal in 2003 and has been a member of the Portuguese Bar Association since 2005.
He joined Kennedys in 2011 and specialises in insurance, reinsurance, commercial, corporate, liability, real estate and public law. He advises and supports local and international companies on non-litigation, litigation and arbitration cases.
Luis teaches public law in the Autonomous University of Lisbon, with a particular focus on public employment and compulsory purchases.
He is fluent in Portuguese and English, and also speaks Spanish.
- Qualified in Portugal in 2003
- Qualified as a member of the Portuguese Bar Association in 2005