Hong Kong trainees
Applications for Kennedys Hong Kong Training Contracts are now open to high-performing and energetic law students with an interest in our core practice areas of Liability Defence, Healthcare, Financial Lines, Commercial Disputes & Regulatory, and Corporate & Commercial.
Apply your degree to real-world challenges and build your skills for a rewarding and successful career with us.
The application process:
Stage 1: Submit online application.
Stage 2: The interview process opens in February each year, and involves written assessments and two rounds of interviews with Of Counsels and Partners.
Stage 3: Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer.
|Scheme / Event||Dates||Who can apply?||Applications open||Applications close|
|Summer Vacation Scheme 2023||Mid May to early August 2023||Candidates who are eligible for a training contract in 2025||1 November 2022||31 March 2023|
|Training Contract 2024||2024||Candidates who are eligible for a training contract in 2024||1 November 2021||N/A|
Who can apply?
To be considered for a summer scheme and training contract, you will need to have achieved, or be on course to achieve a 2.1 degree in law or equivalent. Additionally, before you start your training contract, you must complete the PCLL and pass this on your first attempt.
The candidate must have an excellent command of English and Chinese and strong interpersonal skills.
During the training contract, trainees usually experience four six-month seats, to ensure they gain experience in at least three of the following areas: Liability Defence, Healthcare, Financial Lines, Commercial Disputes & Regulatory, and Corporate & Commercial. Trainees are allocated a mentor and a Partner (who acts as their Principal) during their training at Kennedys.
As a Kennedys Trainee you will:
- Be given opportunities to use and enhance your legal skills through working with our teams across our core practice areas (Liability Defence, Healthcare, Financial Lines, Commercial Disputes & Regulatory, and Corporate & Commercial).
- Learn skills and best practices to provide practical legal advice and services tailored to help solve clients’ legal problems.
- Assist in a wide range of tasks including but not limited to conducting legal research, drafting legal documents, attending mediation, negotiation sessions, court and tribunal hearings.
- Be given opportunities to attend and take a leading role in organising internal and external events including CSR related events.
Our partners and senior lawyers will:
- Help you develop an understanding of the legal landscape, particularly in insurance law and litigation.
- Support your participation in workplace training, in-house seminars and technical training via our global online learning management system.
- Provide you with dedicated mentoring support and daily work supervision.
Learn more about careers and life at Kennedys Hong Kong:
- View our other career opportunities here.
- Find out more about Kennedys in Hong Kong.
- Download Kennedys Hong Kong trainee recruitment programme brochure here.