Australia graduate program
Looking to kick-start your career in law? Kennedys in Australia is excited to announce a new 12 month graduate program open to high performing energetic law students with an interest in our core practice areas of Insurance, Injury, Commercial and Healthcare.
Apply your degree to real-world challenges and build your skills for a rewarding and successful career.
Who can apply?
Kennedys is accepting applications from graduates who:
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Law or
- completed a Bachelor’s degree in another discipline with a Juris Doctor or Post Graduate Diploma in Law.
- are interested in building a career in insurance, injury, commercial and healthcare law.
- live in Sydney or Melbourne (Opportunities for Perth graduates to be announced later in 2022).
As a graduate at Kennedys you will:
- Discover your legal skills and interests by rotating across our core practice areas (insurance, injury, commercial and healthcare).
- Learn to conduct legal research, prepare chronologies, draft legal documents and create accurate legal notes and summaries.
- Assist with trial preparation and attend mediations and settlement conferences.
- Be provided with study leave and be financially supported to complete Practical Legal Training ‘PLT’ with the College of Law.
Our partners and senior lawyers will support you to:
- Help you develop an understanding of the legal landscape particularly insurance law and litigation.
- Support your participation in workplace training, in-house seminars and technical training via our global online learning management system.
- Provide you with dedicated mentoring support and daily work supervision by one of our senior lawyers.
The application process:
Applications for the graduate program are made in three stages, and all candidates will be guided and supported through each stage of the process.
Stage 1: Complete your application form and Situational Strengths Test (SST). After submitting the application form you will receive a link to the SST, which needs to be completed in one sitting and will take about 90 minutes to complete.
You must complete the application form and SST in order to be considered for interview.
Stage 2: Applications will be reviewed and scored by Kennedys teams in Australia and the UK and successful candidates will be invited to attend a strengths based interview with two of our senior lawyers.
Stage 3: Candidates will meet one of our partners for a final interview.
Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer by 3 June 2022.
Applications for the June 2022 intake close on Friday 29 April 2022.
Apply for a graduate position with Kennedys in Australia here.
Kennedys is a global law firm specialising in insurance law and commercial disputes, with operations in over 20 countries including offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. We have a global network of offices, associations and co-operative relationships in 33 locations across UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas. We are proud to be trusted, market leading advisers in all jurisdictions.
For further information, contact us or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.